1. What is the least common multiple of 6, 15, and 21?
2. Given 0.05x = 1.25, find the value of x.
3. Find the slope of the line 3x + y – 5 = 0 .
4. Which of the following is a solution of the equation ?
a. y = sin x
b. y = cos x
c. y = tan x
d. y = tan x
5. One fifth of the students in a band play the clarinet. If there are 25 clarinet players, how many students are in the band?
6. Find the second derivative of the equation .
a.12x + 2
b.12x + 5
c. 6x+ 2x +3
d. 6x+ 2x +7
7. Given m = and n=3, find the value of m?
8. Find the value of .
9. Given = 5, find the value of p.
10. – 7(-9) – 3(-2)(-4) =
11. In a relay race, Ben ran the first mile 1 in minutes. John ran the second quarter mile in 1 minutes. Nathan ran the third quarter mile in 1 minutes. Hunter ran the final quarter mile in 59 seconds. What was the average speed of the four runners on the relay team?
a. 3 miles per hour
b. 4 miles per hour
c. 13 miles per hour
d. 17 miles per hour
12. Given f (x) =16, find f ().
13.A chocolate chip cookie recipe calls for 1 cups of chocolate chips. If one pound of chocolate chips contains 2 cups, how many complete batches of cookies can you make from a 5-pound bag of chocolate chips?
14. A rectangular prism has a height of 2 inches and a square base with side 16 inches. Find the length of the edge of a cube with the same volume.
15. An amusement park sells season passes for $49.95 on an early bird special. One month after the season starts, the price increases by $10. Two months after the season begins, the passes are sold at the full retail price of $74.95. What is the discount, to the nearest tenth of a percent, of the early bird special when compared to the full retail price?
16. A cellular phone company offers unlimited data usage for $149.99 per month, or $59.99 per month for the first 5GB of usage and 5 cents for each additional MB of usage. What is the minimum number of GB, to the nearest hundredth, a customer needs to use each month to make the unlimited plan a better value? (1GB = 1024MB)
17. Rita earns $25 per hour as a consultant if the client comes to her office. If she travels to the client’s location, she charges 40% more. How much did she charge a client who came to her office for 2 hours and had Rita go to his location for 3 hours?
Use the following diagram to answer Question 18:
18. An amusement park asked 1 out of every 20 guests in the park what his favorite ride was. The results are shown in the pie chart below. If there were 8400 guests in the park, how many of those surveyed preferred roller coasters or thrill rides?
19. Fred contributes of his gross pay to his IRA. His employer matches contributions on the first 5% of an employee’s gross pay. If Fred’s gross pay is $750 each week, what is the total amount contributed to his IRA for one week?
20. Simplify the expression .